Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy August

Thanks to everyone who sent their condolences and warm thoughts about my cousin Samantha. Believe me, those of you who reached out -- it was noted and very appreciated.

So lots of stuff going on. A few weeks ago Brian and I took a trip to Monterey. We stayed at one of the most beautiful hotels, with the most thoughtful, caring staff. It was called Bernardus Lodge.

Brian told me about a restaurant where they have tables right in the creek! We didn't eat here but we checked it out.



We enjoyed lots of wine tastings at a couple of cute vineyards. You can see from this photo that we did not hold back much!



Back at Bernardus, we had an incredible dinner at their ultra-schwanky restaurant, Marinus. I wore this dress, which I got on RueLaLa.com. It was Carmen Marc Valvo marked wayyyy down from $300. I took this picture to show Samantha my RueLaLa success, and sent it to her via MMS. It feels kind of creepy to me, to show a photo with no head, but the point is the DRESS, not my face!



Over July 4 weekend, we went back to Kentucky for Samantha's viewing and then on to Pittsburgh for her burial. She was buried in my hometown of Burgettstown, next to our grandparents. Afterwards, Brian, Dena, her friend Darci, Aunt Carmie and I did a nostalgic tour of Burgettstown (including Langeloth and of course Francis Mine - oh my, what a sad little place) and then headed to downtown Pittsburgh. It was beautiful, especially the view from the Incline.





My favorite show is, of course, THE SHIELD, but my second favorite show is INTERVENTION. So I was thrilled when I saw an invitation on the A&E website to be a member of the studio audience for an Intervention "reunion" show. It was an incredible experience. It will be on in early September and it's called "Intervention: After Treatment". I asked a question and the brilliant interventionist, Jeff Van Vonderen, answered it so eloquently. Maybe it will be on the show!



And last but not least, I went to Comic-Con!! That was truly a bizarre experience.

Our good friend Adoni was there, signing autographs (he was Abu Fayed in 24 last season -- but he's really much nicer than Abu).



I got my picture taken with the Ugly Dolls! Who doesn't love Ugly Dolls?!



I asked this person if he was a Steelers fan! I thought he'd speak like the dark evil overlord of some far away planet, but no, his reaction was a *giggle*! He said "That's not what I was going for..." but I told him he'd make a good Steelers fan regardless.



I leave you with a photo of an outstanding parking job I achieved recently. I tell ya, this car is too big!!!!!! And to think I wanted an SUV...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the dress. What a steal-- I love CMV designs. the most underestimated designer out there and I have been following the line for at least 7 years.
I adore ugly dolls. I have a bunch of minis..
;-) Dizzy (you know my dog) loves Ugly Baby dolls too -- waaaaay too much
happy wine-drinking. Looks like you had a great time
Stevie

Kelly said...

I love Monterey! I'm glad that you had a nice time! Your "parking job"-I park like that all the time at work to make sue I can get into my car at the end of the day!! Love it!