Sunday, April 22, 2007

Vacationing in Arizon

I didn't ask him but I think it's fair to say Brian and I have a common goal, and that is to become professional vacationers.

We are on our first vacation of the year. There are quite a few more coming up, but this one was hard earned and well-deserved (of course I am biased).

I'll let Brian describe his notable food experiences on this vacation, but here's how it's gone so far.
- Saturday morning in the airport: Brian went to McDonald's, I bought two bags of Jelly Bellys
- Saturday lunch: Grilled Expedition. Looked like it was going to be pretty bland, as it was in a cookie cutter strip mall, but turned out to be great. I had tenderloin tips and peanut slaw.
- Saturday dinner: We drove over to the Hotel Valley Ho, which was much "deader" than I'd expected. Dinner was at Zuzu's, which is adorable and trendy now but looks like it could have been a Howard Johnson's coffee shop in a past life. I had good but unremarkable penne and chicken. Dessert ruled - espresso shake and butterscotch bread pudding.
- Sunday lunch: Nachos poolside! And frozen drinks.
- Sunday dinner: We went to Ippei Japanese Bistro, thinking it was a trendy, high end eatery but turned out to be another strip mall anchor! This place is full of big box stores and shiny new malls. But anyway the food was not all that authentic but really, really good. I had two skewers and kobe fried rice.
- Sunday snack: I spotted a Buffalo Wild Wings, which I know as BW3 (that's what it was called wayyyyy back in my college days). I played trivia while Brian ate wings. Then we went to Albertson's and stocked up on salty things to eat at the pool tomorrow.

Now it's almost 11 pm but there is no sleep in sight. We took advantage of our lack of responsibilities and slept on the squishy, wonderful pillows until noon!

Many, many, many thanks to Brian's parents for donating this great timeshare to us for a few days!

Jennifer

No comments: