Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I Love LA

It's so much fun living here sometimes.

Today I visited my friends Maria and Dustin who work at Paramount. I hung out on "The Lot" for hours. I saw a lot of sets but no celebrities.

But tonight Brian and I went to a research screening of a movie. We do this every once in a while, and the movies vary. A few weeks ago we saw one called The Uninvited that isn't scheduled to be out until Halloween. It was llllllame but all of the 14-year-olds around us loved it.

Tonight's movie was not revealed to us until we got there. They said we were the first audience to see it. When we arrived, they frisked us and searched us for camera phones. Brian had to check his iPhone at the door.

Turns out the movie was HANCOCK, which stars Will Smith, Jason Bateman and Charlize Theron. I LOVED IT. I gave it 5 stars, Brian gave it 4. If my brother Lee is reading this: GO! It's a superhero movie, but only sort of.


Here's the coolest part: Will Smith was in the audience!! He snuck in the back and watched from the last row. I hope he felt the positive vibes I was sending, because this movie was a blast and it oughta make all of the stars much richer.

After the movie I went to Pinkberry. That's probably my 6th one in 7 days. The cashier wrote my name on the cup, sort of: JENAFUR

Last week in Burbank I caught sight of this:


Tonight in Venice I saw these little guys (there were tons more but I couldn't herd them). It may not be obvious now that I look at this pic, but they are ducks. There are tons of them all over our neighborhood:


Yesterday on my way to teach a class at Cal State Fullerton, I spotted this license plate. I thought it was pretty funny. I'm assuming the driver is a Hispanic Star Wars fan:


Brian and I are both dieting but he had a craving for Shepherd's Pie the other night. So he made a healthy version, sans gravy.


He really is a great cook!! Much better than I am, I hate to say. There's only one time a year that I am a semi-decent cook, and that's when we go on vacation and have to cook for a whole house of friends and make sure we don't embarrass ourselves.

Last year Ilse and I went to a concert that Perez Hilton put on and I can't remember if I posted this photo then or not. But we love him and it's a great pic, so here it is (maybe again)!!


A while ago my friend Darcy and I ran into an actor we loved. We didn't know his name (it's Ben) but he was the star of one of our Ameriquest commercials! Tonight I recognized him in a new Gas-X ad. I'd like to leave you with this line from that commercial that made me, quite juvinilely, laugh out loud: "Your son Rip is on line toot."

I love LA!!

2 comments:

Stevie said...

I think this is hilarious! Sure you don't want me to excerpt you onto MY blog? You would make a great stream of consciousness thing - and it's all true. But anyone who knows dellagoodpinarich doesn't doubt it. We all know it's true and so much more!

Unknown said...

Mmmmmm, Pinkberry.